Discoveries Talent Agency
Discoveries is a Talent Agency started in January of 2008 with a goal and plan to educate the public on legitimate agencies versus non-legitimate ones, properly train those looking to further their careers in acting and modeling and help aspiring actors achieve their dreams of getting into show business WITHOUT having to spend a lot of money to do it. At Discoveries, we believe that persistence, dedication, passion and drive are the keys to making it in this business, NOT money !
We believe this is done with hard work, a strong and moral work ethic, a persistent, energetic and devoted staff and by giving over 100% to seeing that our talent is represented professionally, morally and honestly at all times. We also conduct monthly acting workshops at no charge for the talent we represent, and at a nominal fee to the general public. If you are interested in attending one of these monthly classes, please email us for more information. We constantly have guest speakers teach our talent on every subject imaginable in this industry. The key to a SUCCESSFUL actor is training, passion and persistence ! You can NEVER have enough of these in this business !
Discoveries was named this because often when we saw someone we felt had talent, looks and personality who had never pursued a career (but deep down inside, always wanted to) we decided to start a business that would cater to those individuals and if money was an issue, do whatever we could to get them started WITHOUT spending a lot of it. If we see that the person is willing to put forth the time and effort to pursue a lifelong dream, then we are willing to put forth the same amount of time (or more) to help make their dreams a reality !
We have talent that have been in the industry for years and who possess an impressive Resume and head shots. Then, we also have talent who are just getting started, but who want to pursue a career in acting. This is what Discoveries is all about: To train, help and promote…and we take the challenge of helping people pursue their dreams VERY seriously ! This is one of the reasons this agency is so different from others. Another reason Discoveries is so unique is because:
1) We do not charge a registration or “administrative” fee to sign up with us.
2) We do not have any exclusive contracts for our Non-Union talent, so you are free to work for other agencies without having to pay a commission to us when you’ve booked a job through yourself or another agent.
3) We work on a sliding scale so that if you do a job that doesn’t pay you a lot you don’t have to pay us a flat rate commission. We work on a 10 to 15% basis.
4) We don’t just represent children and adults. We represent pets, homes and businesses for on-location shoots as well.
Discoveries is also a member of Breakdown Services, Casting Networks, Casting Frontier, NOWCasting, and 800Casting.com which are some of the most effective ways to track and promote an agency’s talent by allowing Directors, Producers and Casting Directors across the country to have access to the talent and their Resumes and photos, seven days a week and 24 hours a day.
All we require for talent to be listed with us are:
* Professional head shots that show their best features
* A current Resume
* Regular Computer access / cell phone / IPhone to check our daily castings and emails
* The desire to succeed in this business
* A great attitude and an open mind !
If you are a client looking for talent that can help you enhance and promote your business, then call Discoveries today and let us help take the stress off of you to find good talent and at a moment’s notice too! We can provide you with an extensive list of all the happy customers we have serviced over the past four years and Letters of Reference as well. If you are looking for Union Represented Talent, check out http://www.starlighttalentmanagement.com for SAG-AFTRA talent from Los Angeles, Chicago, New York and Texas.
For any other questions you may have, please send us an email using our Contact Form.
We are sorry to have closed our open registration, but we feel it’s best to keep our roster smaller than most of the larger agencies so that we can give our talent 100% of our time and efforts, rather than spreading ourselves too thin and having them feel like a number. We want all of our talent to feel like the most important talent in the world to us and always to feel like they can call us whenever they want to with questions, comments or just to tell us how an audition went for them. Keeping our database smaller than most agencies, we can do that effectively and to the benefit of all of our talent.
Thank you for looking over our site and learning what Discoveries is all about. We wish you the best of luck in all your endeavors and hope you eventually hire the “right” agent for your own personal needs. Just keep in mind three things when looking for one:
1) Don’t EVER pay a fee to an Agent to meet with you or sign you up. (This goes for public events that charge hundreds and thousands of dollars to attend!)
2) Don’t hire the first agent you meet. Interview with at least 3 before making your decision.
3) Make sure you “click” with them and they with you. Nothing in this business is worse than having an agent represent you that you don’t feel good about, don’t feel important to and don’t feel like “Number 1” with.
GOOD LUCK TO YOU AND NEVER GIVE UP ON YOUR DREAMS OF MAKING IT IN THIS BUSINESS. REMEMBER…..YOU HOLD THE KEY TO MAKING THAT A REALITY !!!!